Monday, January 16, 2006

the difference it makes


so, i broke down today and copped a pair of [outlandishly expensive] new balances. i held off on buying them until my feet, knees, and hips just couldn't take it any longer. seriously, i would say that only bringing dunks is one of the stupidest things i've ever done, but for the fact that they [dunks] have served as an invaluable conversation starter and led to me meeting quite a few people. and they lend me some cred when i'm shopping. [sb's are huge here, and hard to get, to the point where i'm a little concerned about having them stolen when i take them off at restaurants. remember when dudes used to get jacked for their jordans?]

anyway, it took me three trips to the new balance store in harajuku before finally deciding to buy them. [they are, after all, the most expensive pair of shoes i own. but as i said, my feet couldn't take the dunk sb beating any longer]. new balance 576, "made in the UK." "superior quality control in the UK. so much nicer than the US models," or so says my man fahad at Motive807. i can't tell the difference, but it helps to believe that there is something special about them. i wasn't that taken with them at first, but now i have to say that they're pretty nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Gaither bought NB's? I never thought I would hear those sweet sweet words... Who knew going to Japan would turn you into more of a frat boy?

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home