Sunday, February 12, 2006

motherfuckers gonna drop the pressure.


i've rediscovered dance music since being here, and i've been thinking about it a lot. it's always been a part of me, but recently it's taken on a new meaning. i think maybe it's because i've finally allowed myself to breathe, to feel, to know i'm alive. i don't know what it is about this place or this time in my life, but maybe i'm finally growing into my personality, or maybe i finally have some sense of who i am or what i'm doing, for the first time ever.

admittedly 90% of it is rubbish, but most of what i've been exposed to here is so so good. and when dance music is good, it's invincible. it's euphoria. to borrow from a record review, there are songs that "remind us that sometimes dance music can solve all the world's problems, if only for as long as one rushy build."

i think it's an appropriate soundtrack to my time here. i was telling a friend that i love it here, i love what i'm doing here, but that i'm aware enough to know how unrealistic my life here is. if i were anything other than a student almost done with school, living on credit and leaving in 4 months, my life here would be completely different. "i know," he said, "that's what makes it so awesome. it's fleeting, it's one last party before we start work n september. before we become zombies." we're living on borrowed time, so we make every minute of every day count. it's one long "rushy build." and i've never felt so invincible in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home