Tuesday, January 17, 2006

R U Still In 2 It


I guess you can consider it my first lesson about life in the big city: both (both!) mogwai shows at Unit next week are sold out. I was particulary excited about it; I've been looking forward to the show since November, they're going to be playing their new album [Mr. Beast] live, and one of the shows is the night before my birthday. And they're one of my favorite live bands. And I'm in Tokyo. So, you know...

Instead I think I'm going to see the Album Leaf in Shibuya on Monday night. Not quite mogwai, but it will do. I think it will be a bit less majestic, but perhaps the show will match my mood (or is it the other way around?). Also, for nostalgia's sake, that's how I spent my birthday last year (the Album Leaf at the Parish in ATX).

Tokyo Gig Guide has been clutch. If you check it out, you'll notice Dinosaur Jr. and Sigur Ros are both coming soon. Sigur Ros is sold out (of course) and Dinosaur Jr. is at this huge venue. I may still go, but something tells me I could catch them in Texas for (1) half the price (2) at a venue half the size. The shows here are ruinously expensive, but there aren't that many coming up that I'm that amped on, so I think it's manageable (which brings up the point: how does Austin get better shows than Tokyo? I think I just don't have the right information. Perhaps I should consult "Martin," of Castillian fame).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

look for martin in the local parking garage.

12:09 PM  
Blogger digital bees said...

you want the eenformation?

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home