Wednesday, April 19, 2006

i'm tired of living alone,

and i'm hoping that it shows. all over, it's all over, and so it goes.

tokyo won. i give up. i'm tired - i'm tired of being tired, i'm tired of shopping, i'm tired of eating out, i'm tired of $100 bar tabs and $200 nights, i'm tired of hangovers, i'm tired of my shitty bed, i'm tired of crowds, i'm tired of motherfuckers that don't know how to walk, i'm tired of trying to meet girls, i'm tired of trying to speak japanese. i'm tired. and i'm pretty beat up.



i can hardly bring myself to say it, but i'm tired of tokyo. i haven't really admitted it to myself yet, and maybe i never will, but deep down i think it's true. it's like falling out of love, you know? you fight and fight, but ultimately you know it's inevitable.

flirting with heartbreak
my relationship with tokyo is, to me, complex. more than anything, it was an infatuation. i didn't recognize it at the time and i got hurt. it's not the first time i've fallen in love with an idea. or a life. or a city. and this time, just like all the other times, i didn't see it coming. looking for love in all the wrong places. and so it goes.



i may have made a terrible mistake (like gob bluth). time will tell. had i considered it earlier, i could have stayed in tokyo and worked and made a life for myself here. the opportunity was there. but i didn't bother. the second most dynamic and insightful person i've met here told me last night: "travelling is tiring. it's ok. go home if youre ready. and when you're ready, come back. you can do whatever you want." but i don't think i'll ever be back. it wouldn't be the same.

maybe i'm not ready to leave after all. i can't say. i don't know what i feel. i feel like i have a broken heart and i don't know why. i want to come home but i don't want to leave. and so it goes.



also, i'm tired of writing about myself. that was never the point. or maybe it was. i was just going to post pictures of what i was doing for those of you that were interested. (is that the proper use of "that?" should it be "who?"). anyway, i see this as my last entry. maybe i'll still post pictures here. i don't know.

my last weekend here i'm going to osaka. most of my friends will be gone already so i decided to take a trip. i've been dying to go since i got here. from what i've heard, tokyo is like NYC and osaka is like atlanta or something. totally different. totally relaxed, totally awesome. i can't wait. i'm going by myself, and i see it as a fitting end to my time in japan. (osaka has a niketown and a marc jacobs, and i'd be lying if said that didn't factor into my decision to go). i'll get to ride the shinkansen, aka the bullet train. i'm excited.



i'm going to miss the shit out of this place. fuck.

i'd give my eyes to see you.

soon.

jdg.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to kick London in the balls the last week I was there.... now I pray for a chance simply to lick the sidewalk in front of my old flat, and yes, I say "flat". That's the thing about a transient lifestyle, you never know why you feel what you feel if you feel anything at all. See you soon.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you need some time...on your own
Do you need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

Sometimes I need some time...on my
own Sometimes I need some time...all alone
Everybody needs some time...on their own
Don't you know you need some time...all alone

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home